"Better Weigh"® Continuous Weigh Feeders Control
For gain, loss or continuous weighing applications
Metalfab "Better-Weigh®" Feeder Controls are available with a "Gain in Weight" mode for applications where a product is being fed into a scale system such as a container sitting on a floor/bench scale or weigh hopper on load cells. In this mode, the controller can verify the zero setting between weighments, auto-tare the weight of a container, verify the container is in position by referencing the container weight setting, or a band value plus or minus to confirm an empty container is in place prior to start of feeding.
A "Loss-in-Weight" mode can be provided for applications where the feeding device is on load cells or a scale system of some type. This mode is used when one or more products need to feed into a process simultaneously, allowing all feeders to dispense product at the same time.
A "Continuous Weighing" mode is provided to continually feed product at a preset rate on a per-second, per-minute, or per-hour basis. Refilling of the feeder can be automatic through input of minimum and maximum weight values to the controller.
- Automatic batching or continuous feed rate control
- Automatic feed rate optimization for fast and slow speed settings as well as dribble point determination are performed automatically
- Automatic pre-act (material in suspension compensation) adjustment
- Automatic JOG feature to bring batch into tolerance
- Analog output to represent weight or feed rate as standard
- Additional Analog outputs available for weight or feed rate as needed
- Batch history (or rate logging) to archive the previous 200 records. Rate logging can be set for time intervals as needed
- System alarm output
- Security includes two levels of password protection
- Tolerance checking with different parameters for under and over tolerance settings
- Remote start and stop contacts provided
- Can "Abort" or "Resume" a batch after E-stop
- Standard unit includes 12 outputs and 12 inputs to control equipment. Some are preprogrammed for specific applications
- Analog input options available for remote entry of batch size or feed rate from remote PLC or DCS
- Communication options include but are not limited to: Ethernet I/P, Device Net, DH Plus, DH-485, DF1 Half, and DF1 Full Duplex
Please Note: Custom programming can be provided to control additional upstream or downstream equipment as needed.
- Handles powders, pellets, flakes, and other dry materials where it is necessary to determine actual feed rates on a loss-of-weight basis
Model BWP/L "Better Weigh"® Batch Feeder
- Enclosure: NEMA 4X
- Display Type: 6" Color, TFT, QVGA touch screen
- Screen Pixels: 320x240
- Power: 120 VAC @ 2 Amp 1 ph 50/60 Hz (does not include product feeder) Typical consumption 0.30 Amp @ 120 VAC (36 W)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 113°F (0 to 45°C)
- PLC Type: Allen Bradley